Pattern: Kiila by Yarnissima
Yarn: Three Irish Girl’s Adorn Sock in the Baltic Sea colorway
Needles: Size 1.5
My Kiila socks are done. These are both my first toe up socks, and my first mystery socks. (And the picture is crap because it’s raining and apparently is going to rain for the next year or so, so I have no hope of getting good lighting. But I digress.)
The pattern was quite easy, once I managed to figure out how to cast on. I used the Turkish cast on, and had to improvise it with two DPNs rather than circs, and since I didn’t own the corresponding circ size of the 1/5 DPNs, it was a bit loose. I’ve since put in a KnitPicks order and remedied my dearth of lower sized circular needles, so I can hopefully do that better the next time. I don’t think it’s obvious, but I know it’s a little off.
The pattern itself was pretty easy, and would definitely make for a good first toe up sock. I wasn’t able to do the cabling without a cable needle (I kept losing the stitches), but it was easy to use a smaller DPN to hold those stitches instead.
I liked the Adorn sock quite a bit, though it’s definitely fuzzy, and I felt like I had to keep it groomed, or it was developing gigantic pills. Still, I love the color. I have a far bit left (it’s a short sock), so I’m thinking about making a baby hat or two out of it. It’s a good little boy color.
I’ve decided this is my last Sockdown sock for this cycle of Sockdown. This is partially because I have two weeks off in July, one of which will involve leaving North America, so I’m just not sure how much knitting time I’ll have. But I would also really like to finish the February Lady sweater in time to actually wear it for Fall. So I figure I need to commit to not casting on any new projects until one of the two I currently have on the needles is done.