I decided to read six books that were long-listed for the prize. I started with a list of eight, and read the following:
- Havoc, in Its Third Year – Ronan Bennett – finished 12/12/10
- Black Swan Green – David Mitchell – finished 4/17/10
- The Stone Carvers – Jane Urquhart – finished 12/21/2010
- How to Be Good – Nick Hornby – finished 3/6/10
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time – Mark Haddon – finished 11/24/10
- The Welsh Girl – Peter Ho Davies – finished 7/27/10
I had started a book called The Mulberry Empire, which I’ll be addressing in a separate post closer to the end of the year about the books I’ve started and not been able to complete this year.
Of the books I was able to finish, I’m glad I read them. Many were outside of what I normally seek out to read, and it was nice to get a bit outside of my comfort zone.