Since I had the sewing machine out for the button holer (which I have incidentally given up on for the time being), I figured I might as well get the project bags I’d taken fabric out for last spring out of the way.
The first bag is from two fat quarters of a fat quarter set I got at Purl Soho lo these seven(!) years ago when I was in NYC. I made that one big enough to hold a sweater. (Good thing, since I foresee this button hole fiasco holding on for a while).
The second one is one of the Liberty Lawn pieces I got in the meter set back when we went to Liberty in London three years back. Rather annoyingly, that set was not the equivalent of fat quarters – each one was a long strip instead. But it’s just the nicest fabric – I could sit there petting it for hours. So I pieced it together into the right size for a project bag, and will enjoy using it immensely. I’m not so fancy that a middle seam will annoy me that much.
I do still need to get some cording – I’m going to find something a little more heavy duty to order instead of the ribbons I’ve used in the past.