I added the second tier of tomato cages today – probably should have done that a couple of weeks ago. I ended up tying several large stems to various places outside the cages to keep them corralled. Definitely need to keep track of the timing better for next year.
It’s a good thing the kale is doing well over at the community garden plot – something snacked on it over here, as well as the nasturtiums. They’re both now coming back, but I’m just waiting for the culprit to come back, at this point.
The ground cherries are looking great- I have little fruit all over the place. I originally wasn’t sure if I’d be able to handle all five of the plants that ended up sprouting in the one pot, but they seem to be doing fine.