So I knew I needed to make a gift bag for Mary’s shawl, and I also had the baby quilt that I finished a while ago kicking around without a gift bag. It being the last day of a random four day weekend, I decided to tackle that today. (I had the shawl up on my bed drying and two gift bags done before 10:30. It was a good morning.)
The top bag was simpler, with a fold over channel for the ribbon. I experimented a bit with the shawl bag. It’s a got a folded channel in the middle. I like that, but I don’t think I like how little I folded over the edge – the inside of the fabric’s going to be pretty visible. This is did end up being a rather wide bag, so I think that was part of the problem. If it had been taller, I think I would have sewn down a wider hem for the top. Food for thought if I try this again.