Here’s another attempt at stash busting. I had a fair amount of this lace weight yarn left over, and when I found a mitt pattern that actually used lace weight, I had to try it. If you look carefully, you’ll see I flaked and forgot to add ribbing to the top of the second one before I bound it off, but these are for me, so I’ll live. And actually, I kind of like that top better, I think.
What I really appreciated about this pattern was the way the designer laid out the chart. It was really set up well for a beginner – she added side markings so you could keep track of where you were, and where there were other things going on in particular rows. I didn’t actually need that extra help, but I think this would make a great pattern for someone starting out with charts, with the way she set it up. (And there are even two copies of the chart in one page, since you’re making two mitts. No need to make an extra copy.)
I do think if I made these again, I wouldn’t increase the thumb gusset quite so much. I realize I do have relatively skinny fingers, but that thumb is just huge on me. (I actually could make these again – I have enough of this yarn left.)