I dehydrated the Korean peppers yesterday – the kitchen smelled lovely. About fourteen peppers gave me a about a pint jar’s worth of dried shards. (Plus a little room for a desiccant pack – we’re paranoid.) We figure we’ll grind on demand. Not bad considering my yield this year wasn’t great.
I’ve got basil drying out today – I pulled the plants out this morning. We haven’t had a frost yet, but some things are looking the worse for the wear, like the basil. So I decided to get ahead of as much as I could this morning in the side garden. I’d already pulled the zinnias out of the community garden when I stopped by yesterday to pick some chard. They definitely did not enjoy something about the conditions over the past week, because they were fine last weekend.
The brassicas are still looking great, and the calendula at the other garden is plugging along gamely. I’ll be planting garlic shortly.